Monday 30 November 2009

Fairy Tale Tarot decks

This deviantart piece by Yamicool got me wondering whether there were any full fairytale-themed Tarot decks available out there and, lo and behold, there are.

Now, I don't for a second believe in the Tarot as a tool of divination, but I am fascinated by the imagery associated with them, which goes hand in hand with some of the imagery and stories within fairy tales really very well. I'd recommend checking out the two decks linked above and perhaps even purchasing a real set of each (although all of the images are available to view free) if you feel like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, I don't for a second believe in the Tarot as a tool of divination, but I am fascinated by the imagery associated with them, which goes hand in hand with some of the imagery and stories within fairy tales really very well.
I agree with you on this. There are a lot of "mystic" and "spiritual" things that I don't believe in, but find intriguing in their artistry and/or ceremony. And fairy tales certainly have an air of mystery and magic!